Tuesday 25 October 2016

Time for something different.....





Following 30 years with the Halton District School Board - including 20 years as a Teacher (History, Physical Education, Co-operative Education, and Guidance) and 10 years as an Administrator - I have made the decision to retire.

I am very interested in continuing to work in Education however .... it's time to consider some alternative opportunities.  Over the course of the next six months Laura and I will be re-locating to Niagara on the Lake and I will begin considering some options.  Foremost in my mind is the possibility of pursuing International School opportunities.  Whether in an Administrative capacity or perhaps as a Counsellor, I continue to enjoy working with young people in a High School setting.

Regardless, I know that I will continue to remain connected to education whether I'm coaching a basketball or football team as a community volunteer, or by returning to a school-based location in a far-off locale.  I look forward to a 'next phase' of life-long-learning via the challenge of an international school, and know that despite retiring from the HDSB I will continue to maintain close ties with education.

For now.....until next time.....

John


No comments:

Post a Comment